We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Communications Manager to join our team at CoTA (Collaborations: Teachers and Artists) to showcase our work in arts education on all public facing platforms.
CoTA has been providing arts integration professional development for over 23 years. Our flagship Collaborations program leverages the talents of our incredible teaching artists, working directly with teachers and students in schools across the greater San Diego region. Our workshops, coaching, and institutes inspire teachers to leverage the arts and creativity to support students everywhere. We think the arts can change the world and are dedicated to supporting deep impact and meaningful change in the education ecosystem. Learn more at www.cotaprogram.org
We are seeking a creative and strategic thinker with a keen eye for design to manage our communications and media, including content creation, platform management, branding, and marketing. This part-time position is 20-hours per week with the potential of transitioning into full-time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Establish a social media plan and calendar in collaboration with the administrative team
- Generate, post, and manage social media content on all CoTA platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Create strategy to increase following on all CoTA platforms and encourage participation and sign-ups for CoTA programs
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Identify the target audiences and channels
- Manage and maintain the CoTA website content
- Support the launch of the new CoTA website
- Coordinate with web-hosting company as needed
Communication and Marketing
- Support the Executive Director in creating newsletters and event e-blasts
- Manage media relations outreach to include press releases and press list curation
- Develop a publicity strategy to increase CoTA’s presence across multiple media outlets and platforms
- Assist with production of print collateral including coordinating with artists and graphic designers
Salary and Benefits
- $29 per hour
- Flexible work from home policy
- Sick leave accrual
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of three references (names, position, relationship, and email address) to Chrissy Califf at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CoTA Communications Manager.”
CoTA is committed to cultivating and sustaining a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We grow our understanding and impact better together, with a diverse team of employees that reflects the community we serve. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that we invest in our work represents not only part of our culture, but our legacy and reputation. In recruiting for our team, we welcome unique contributions and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- San Diego, CA; remote candidates will be considered
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning on December 7, 2021
- Anticipated start date: January 10, 2021
- Part-time, 20-hours per week
Position reports to
- Executive Director